First of all, i would like to share my viand in our blog. This dish is the one that I choose because this food is tastes good. We usually saute it with garlic, onion, tomato and ginger. We do not add water because the tahong itself produces liguid/soup as you cook it. Since the sabaw (soup) comes from the tahong while cooking, the sabaw is very tasty. The other best way to cook fresh tahong is by grilling it. There is no need to add any spices to it since the fresh tahong itself is already very tasty. As for me, I usually dip it calamansi extract or lemon extract with minced onion. O minsan, pinipigaan ko ng calamansi, the same way when I eat grilled oyster or talaba.
- 1 kg. tahong (green mussels) – cleaned and rinsed
- 1 medium sized red onion (sliced)2 cloves (crushed and minced)
- 1 finger of ginger (crushed)
- 2 medium sized tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 tsp. patis (fish sauce)
- 2 tbsp. canola oil (for sauteing)
1. Saute garlic until golden brown, followed by the onion, tomato and ginger. Add the patis and continue sauteing for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the tahong, stir and cover the pot. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until all the shells open.
3. Ready to serve. It can be served with rice.