This squid ball Pancit Canton is one of favorite food because it is delicious and easy to served when there’s a special occasion in our family.
- ½ lb (~250g) pancit canton noodles (flour noodles)
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 12 pieces squid balls, sliced into quarters
- 4 pieces lobster balls, sliced (optional)
- ½ cup carrots, julienne
- ½ small cabbage, chopped
- 1½ cup chicken stock or broth
- 3 to 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok. Saute the garlic, onion, and parsley. Add the ground black pepper.
- Add the squid and lobster balls. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped cabbage and carrots. Toss. Cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables starts to soften.
- Pour-in the soy sauce and chicken broth. Let boil.
- Lay the flour noodles over. Cover the wok. Let it stay for 1 to 2 minutes. This will let the flour noodles absorb the steam, which will make it soft and easy to handle.
- Remove the cover and gently toss the noodles. Makes sure that all the ingredients are well incorporated. Cook until the liquid dries up.
- Squeeze some lime, and then toss some more.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!