This Pinoy chicken noodle soup is something that you can eat when the weather is cold ,it feels you relax and comfortable because it will warm your stomach away from coldness of the weather.
- 1 lb. chicken, cut into small pieces
- ½ small cabbage, core removed and chopped
- 1 lb. round miki noodles
- ½ cup chopped chicken liver
- 4 pieces crumbled bacon
- 1 medium carrot, julienne
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the in a cooking pot.
- Once the oil gets hot, saute the garlic and onion. Continue until the onion gets soft.
- Add the chicken, cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until it turns light brown.
- Add the chicken liver. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in water and chicken broth. Let boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the bacon, carrots, and cabbage. Stir and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Pour-in the fish sauce. Stir.
- Stir-in the noodles. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Add chicken broth or water if needed.
- Add the green onions.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!