This is delicious tomato-based chicken dish that will surely you like it too.. this is the one of my favorite dish the Chicken Afritada. This dish is usually cook in dinner however,you will know how to cook it properly through the ingredients and procedure that I listed below. Try it and you will like it. Thank you.
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 large potato, quartered
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup green peas
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 pieces hotdogs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1¼ cups chicken broth or stock
- 2 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Pour-in cooking oil in a cooking pot or casserole then apply heat.
- Pan-fry the chicken until the color turns light brown (about 3 minutes per side).
- Remove the chicken from the cooking pot.
- On the same cooking pot, sauté garlic and onions.
- Put-in the sliced hotdogs and pan-fried chicken then cook for a minute.
- Pour-in tomato sauce and chicken stock then add bay leaves. Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Add the potato and carrots then simmer for 7 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Put-in the bell pepper, green peas, salt, sugar, and ground black pepper then cook for 3 minutes more.
- Turn-off heat then transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with steamed rice. Share and enjoy!